Trinidad and Tobago Weather Center (TTWC) serves as a central location for weather and natural disaster information primarily for the Lesser Antilles and the greater Caribbean Region.
TTWC was launched on January 1st 2014 on social media platforms, bridging the need for information by the public during high-impact natural disasters and the little information, at the time, from governmental agencies.
Over the years, TTWC has become a trusted source of natural hazard information for Trinidad and Tobago, and beyond. TTWC is not a replacement for existing governmental and scientific agencies who cover natural hazards and issue relevant advisories, but to supplement and aid in information dissemination through social media and an online presence.
As noted in our disclaimer:
Weather, earthquake and other natural hazard information posted on this site is from Trinidad and Tobago Weather Center unless indicated otherwise. This information is provided with the understanding that the Trinidad and Tobago Weather Center makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the information provided. When making decisions, please consult your local meteorological office, disaster management office or respective regional body for all official forecasts, alerts, watches and warnings.
Trinidad and Tobago Weather Center serves to relay pertinent information related but not limited to:
- Earthquakes within the Caribbean Region
- Major Earthquakes around the world
- Tsunami Alerts/Threats to the Caribbean Region
- Major Tsunami threats around the world
- Volcano alerts to the Caribbean Region
- Severe Weather (Tropical or otherwise) within the Caribbean
- Weather Forecasts for Trinidad and Tobago from Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service.
Trinidad and Tobago Weather Center does NOT issue alerts, watches, warnings bulletins. We relay information from, and not limited to:
- Disaster Preparedness Offices:
- The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management of Trinidad and Tobago
- Tobago Emergency Management Authority
- Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency
- Any Disaster Management Office/Government and Meteorological Service/Office within the Caribbean Region
- Meteorological Services:
- Trinidad and Tobago Meteorological Service
- Antigua and Barbuda Meteorological Service
- Barbados Meteorological Service
- Dominica Meteorological Service
- Meteorological Service of Jamaica
- St. Lucia Meteorological Service
- Caribbean Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology
- NOAA National Weather Service
- NOAA National Weather Service National Hurricane Center
- NOAA National Weather Service Weather Prediction Center – International Desk
- Meteo France
- Earthquakes and Tsunamis:
- University of the West Indies Seismic Research Center
- United States Geological Survey
- United States NOAA’s National Weather Service Pacific Tsunami Warning Center
- United States NOAA’s National Weather Service National Tsunami Warning Center
- United States NOAA’s National Weather Service Caribbean Tsunami Warning Program
- European Mediterranean Seismological Centre
- Venezuelan Foundation of Seismological Research
- Puerto Rico Seismic Network
To reiterate, time-sensitive content produced by Trinidad and Tobago Weather Center will be content relayed from all official, relevant authorities across the Caribbean Region and beyond. Sources can always be found on the relevant multimedia post.